On behalf of the entire Natural Hearing team, I want to assure everyone that the safety and well-being of our patients and employees remains our highest priority.
As we continue to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, including guidance from the CDC, the WHO, and local health authorities, we will post updates on any changes to our operations. Here’s where we stand now:
Hearing Healthcare has been deemed “essential business” and our clinics will remain open during normal business hours. Perhaps now more than ever, individuals with hearing loss must be able to communicate with their family, friends, colleagues, medical professionals and first responders.
With that being said, we are acutely aware that our primary demographics are the people most at risk during this pandemic. This means we have a tremendous responsibility to operate as carefully as possible during this time. This is a responsibility we take very seriously.
Listed below are the specific measures we currently have in place:
• We have staggered our appointments to create margin in our schedules and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
• We have postponed all routine and non-essential in-person appointments. We are currently only seeing patients with urgent/emergent needs in person.
• We are following all CDC guidelines for screening patients both before and during appointments. This means asking specific health-related questions before an appointment is able to be scheduled and checking patients for symptoms before entering the clinic. Again following guidelines, patients who fail the screening or symptom check will be referred to their primary care physician. These same guidelines apply to our staff as well.
Updated Clinic Protocols
• Our staff always thoroughly and properly washes their hands, cleans exam room surfaces, and sanitizes tools between each patient. Additionally, we are doing routine cleanings multiple times per day in all high-touch areas of our clinics.
• For the safety of our staff and patients alike, we have closed our lobbies and our clinic doors will remain locked throughout the day. This will prevent patients from entering before being screened. We are asking that our patients remain in their vehicles until their scheduled appointment start time.
• We are now offering curbside service for applicable appointments for patients who do not wish to enter our clinic. Repairs and adjustments can be done without patients needing to leave their car.
• Patients with compatible hearing instruments can receive programming adjustments remotely over the internet. Please contact your local clinic for details and availability.
• We now offer TeleHealth appointments in the form of HIPAA-compliant video chats for patients who would like to interact with a provider without leaving their home.
• Lastly, we continue to provide mail-in service for patients needing assistance with their existing hearing aids. Please contact your local clinic to inform them of your needs prior to mailing devices.
Thank you for trusting us with your hearing healthcare needs. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, view our locations
. We look forward to continuing to serve you.
— Dan DeLong, President of Natural Hearing